FAQ for Parade Day
***** “Mayor’s Parade Proclamation 2013 and Street Closings“ *****
***** “2013 Parade Orders | Released 03.09.13“ *****
***** “Assembly Map“ *****
We will be posting answers to all your “Frequently Asked Questions” here over the coming days, in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any of your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When is the Parade? – Sunday, March 10th, 2013 1:30 PM
- Where does the Parade start? – Derby Ave and Chapel Street
- What is the Parade Route? – Chapel Street to Church Street to Grove Street ending on Orange Street
- How long is the Parade? – approximately 3 hours and 1.5 miles
- What streets are closed? – Please see the link above. Mayor’s Parade Proclamation 2013 and Street Closings
- What time do the streets close? – Most are closed at 11:00 AM. Church Street from Chapel to Grove St. will be closed from 6:00 AM. Please see the link above. Mayor’s Parade Proclamation 2013 and Street Closings
- What time do the streets re-open? – General right after the parade passes. Each street becomes open. Please see the link above. Mayor’s Parade Proclamation 2013 and Street Closings
- Where is the best place to see the parade? Any where along the Parade route. New Haven offers many great locations.
- How much does it cost? – It’s FREE to come see the largest spectator event in CT =)
- Who puts the Parade together? – A group called the Associated Irish Societies d.b.a. New Haven St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee. They consist of local men and women who volunteer their time and talents for this tradition.
If you are planning to sell food or merchandise at the Parade you MUST obtain a permit from the City of New Haven Building Department
All vendors are required by law to obtain a license and display this license clearly on parade day. All vendors in violation of this law will be ejected from the parade.
- Food or Peddler/Hawker License Application (Yearly)
- Food or Peddler/Hawker License Application (Daily) –1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days
Shuttle Service from Dunn’s Pub Hamden
Looking for a Shuttle service from the Hamden area? Well our friends at Dunn’s Pub, Whitney Ave. have just the answer. See the press release below.
For Immediate release through 3/10/13
2345 Whitney ave
Hamden ct, 06517
Dunn’s Pub located at 2345 Whitney avenue in Hamden is running a shuttle bus to the New Haven St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The shuttle costs $10 per person and includes breakfast, children under 10 are free. The shuttle will run from 11am – 2pm & 3pm to 6pm, starting at the parking lot behind Dunn’s pub and arriving at the corner of orange & grove. A great alternative to parking downtown on a family friendly transport. The will be a bus monitor and no alcohol will be allowed on the bus. For reservations call Charles at 203-996-9712 or email email@example.com